Sunday, November 13, 2011

Burning colors of the forest

The last couple of weeks have definitely had some amazing times. After each long week of loneliness, I get the pleasure of Stina coming into town and visiting somewhere new. Stina and I have decided that each weekend we are going to have a new adventure and place to see. This started out two weekends ago when we went to Freiburg. Beautiful city! The whole city has what you would expect when you think about a German city. Surrounded by the schwartzwald (black forest) which all the trees are rapidly changing into there autumn colors. The town has lots of old buildings that are white with brown trim on slender cobble stone roads. This was an amazing city and a must see if you come to Germany.

This weekend Stina and I decided to stay in town and see our surrounding forest before the leaves have completely fallen. As it turns out just behind my house is a very large forest that goes for about 3 miles. We decided that this would be a good walk with a small picnic. The leaves have mostly turned color by this time but it still had a great feel to it. We wondered for over two hours through the trails and played on a playground. Turned out to be a very relaxing day in the wonderful company of my girlfriend. That evening Stina and I went up to the local pub that turned out to be mainly english speaking and gave me a small taste of home. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

Well the weekend has come to a close and it is now time for me to board a train to the airport. The next three weeks i will be on my African adventure with Brian, Craig, and Heather. I know I will miss somethings terribly but it will be a trip to remember. I will do my best to write as many blogs as possible and I will save most of the pictures to post on facebook when I get back. I hope all is well back stateside and i miss you all. Please comment its always nice to hear from you all. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come back now. I miss you too much. Germany is cold and grey without you. Kyssar, Stink

    ReplyDelete