Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The next step in my adventure

I know that I have been horrible in keeping up my blog and I am very sorry for that. Things in my life has been a bit cray I guess its been a little harder to get the motivation to give an update.

Since I have last written on here, I have found a place to move into and get set up. It is an unfurnished room just outside of city center. It will be a small adjustment because I will be living with roommate. His name is Imad. He is a nice guy that doesn't speak a lot of english but I think that will be a good thing for me and will help me learn the language. It will be an experience but I will only be there for 2 weeks before my trip to Africa.

Africa has had a few snags recently, First was the amount of time it took for my passport to get to the States and now they have had my passport for a week at the embassy. This is not my only issue, the are continually changing my flight. It looks like I am now going to be leaving a day early and will be getting back a day later. I guess it is good that I will now get a couple more days in Ghana.

The final big change in my life would have to be the moving of Stina. She has moved in with her Au Pair family. Turns out that the she now lives just an hour outside of the city. We had both expected that she would be closer to town but we are trying to make the best of it. We are trying to set it up that she will come into town each weekend. On the other hand, it means that I will now be living completely alone for 5 days week.




Other then that Stina and I have had a couple adventures. We have attended the Wasen in Stuttgart, which is the schwabish Oktoberfest. It was a lot of fun. Not really what I had expected it to be. Turns out that Oktoberfest was a huge carnival that contains large beer tents. Some other things that we have been up to is having some beers with some new friends, a trip to the zoo, trip to Ikea, and some sight seeing.

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear an update from you, Dustin! I am sorry I haven't commented as much recently. But that doesn't mean I am thinking about you any less. I am glad you have found a place to live. It seems things are falling into place. I will keep sending positive thoughts your way. Keep us updated. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're having some fun exploring over there! And I really hope Imad teaches you German because that would be badass. Hopefully everything starts going a little smoother with Africa though! Also I'm glad you convinced me to live my life with Skype on 24/7. Oh and the tiger is awesome but where are the picture of Ikea? :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete