Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Arrival, the excitement, the struggles

As most of you know we have finally concluded our travels and have arrived in Stuttgart, Germany. This has been probably one of the most bitter sweet things of my life. The journey took us almost 26 hours, with the amount of luggage that we decided to bring with us it was just short of hell. We did get a bit luck on the train though. On night train (14 hour trip) we happen to get our own cabin. This was probably the best possible thing that could have happened to us. Since we had so much luggage we took up almost the entire cabin but it also allowed us the chance to each lay down on three seats and get a little bit of shut eye.

  When we arrived in Stuttgart we thought things would be a bit less stressful but that was just an illusion. As soon as we arrived the apartment searching began. It turns out that we got to Germany at the same time as the college students are attempting to get all settled in before there semester begins. So every apartment we go look at it seems that 20 other people are looking at it before we do. The language issue is becoming more and more of an issue each day but Stina and I are doing our best to get it and it is a very slow process.

Couch surfing has turned out to be quite a blessing. We have not had to pay for a place to stay yet since we have gotten here. Also the people that we are staying with have help answer a lot of questions that we have been having. When we first decided to do couch surfing I was very skeptical but it has really helped a lot and the people are so incredibly nice.



Since Stina and I would go completely crazy if we just searched for apartments all day everyday we do a little bit of sight seeing in between. It allows us to get out walk a bit and see the town that we are going to be living in. It is an incredibly beautiful town that includes many very large parks, forest all around, and amazing architecture. I think once I am completely settled in here I will really like this town. When my stress level has the chance to decrease I feel like I may really enjoy this town and be able to call it home for a while. As always I really hope all is going well in the states and I miss you all. Comment on the like if you have any questions, I hope to hear from you all soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Just writing to say I miss you and I hope everything gets better for you soon! I'm going over to your parents house this weekend! I'll make sure to give everyone extra hugs :)

    ReplyDelete